Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November is Writing Month

At work, one of my friends just suggested the idea of forming a creative writing group. Poems, prose, fiction, non-fiction, prompted, un-prompted. Everything.

Included in this group is the idea that November is "write a novel" month.

Yeah. Right.

However! We've adapted this so that everyone is encouraged to write something, anything, every day in the month of November. We are a bit delayed, though, and I started today. I can't remember the last time I wrote a poem. Perhaps if any of them seem worthing of leaving my computer, I might post them.

I am very excited to be writing again. It feels like right now in life everything that I always tell myself I want to do, I am finally doing. Knitting like crazy, writing, cooking, going to yoga, seeing friends (well, I'm not doing enough of that). It is time to reclaim mySELF, and I am very excited about it. As Annie said, "this is your last year there. enjoy your friends, and avoid drama." And that, friends, is what I intend to do. I get a little emotional even thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment