Thursday, October 22, 2009

One Week Anniversary on the GF Train

Today marks the official one week anniversary of my gluten free diet.

How. Exciting.

Last evening was just delightful: Sarah's brother and girlfriend, Caitlin, made us all dinner. Stir fried veggies, bread, cheese, and fruit. So good. I replaced the bread with apple slices, and indulged much on the cheese.

Did I mention that they bought us a case of wine? Yes. 12 bottles. We plowed through at least 4. This morning was not the happiest, but last night was wonderful! We played speed scrabble, and had numerous dance parties in and around the kitchen area. I also, happily, introduced the bag game to everyone. I think I was the only taker, this time.

So, the theme of this week is apparently that I'm not actually cooking. At all. Sarah made food the other day, Sarah's bro made food last night, and tonight everyone at my job was invited to Augsburg College for a free dinner and presentation. Too bad it was all Jimmy John's subs. So, I ate the innards. And went home kind of hungry, and ate a ton of cheese and fruit, again.

Now I am watching Arrested Development Season 1, before heading out for a late night happy hour. I'm quite enjoying myself, with a big cup of tea, and my knitting. I think I might cook this weekend with my friend Jon, who is quite a chef extraordinaire, so he says. And, I will try a few new recipes.

As of yet, I am still doing fine, and not really missing the gluten/bread. Mostly just at events when things are presented with bread and then I have to miss out. I just have to compromise more and plan ahead, I think.

AH, Thursday night. At Admission Possible, Thursday means Friday, because we don't see our students again until Monday. Fantastic!! Although I like them, and they are fun, and quite delightful.

So. until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. caleb always used to get us all to play the bag game!! so much fun and so SILLY!

    p.s. i love reading about your life! (but it also makes me miss you even more)

    ReplyDelete