Monday, October 26, 2009

Headache? Try ginger tea.

Tonight we went and saw Where the Wild Things Are after work. It was, magically, only $5, even though it was at one of the fanciest theaters around. Zach and I got home and had approximately 10 minutes to stuff our faces. Salami and cheese? Check. Spinach and basil and mozzarella egg scramble? Check. Yummy chocolate for dessert? Check. It wasn't that bad. I even scarfed down some homemade applesauce from Rob. Great! I did feel a little ill in the car due to the speed of my eating endeavor.

Now I am back at home. I usually do work on the weekends, as mentioned yesterday, to avoid working at home. However, with this movie, and with our impending deadlines, I have been forced to work at home tonight, but only for an hour. It wasn't too bad, I promise. I even downloaded the WtWTA soundtrack, and enjoyed the sweet sounds of Karen O.

So, tomorrow, I will do my new weekly yoga routine, (hooray, TaraNa), come home, and make dinner. I will finally make the squash and corn pudding dish, which has been on my to-do list for a while now. I have all of the ingredients, and will just listen to music and have a night to myself in the kitchen. I'm pretty excited.

Oh, scholarships. Oh early action deadlines. Oh tax forms. Will it all get done? Probs not. But, at the end of the day, you just have to sigh, close your eyes, and know you are doing the best you can. In the end, it's really up to the kids. Oh! One of my students went on a campus visit to NYC for free! Can't wait to hear how that went. They texted me today and said, "I'm walking around in Harlem!" Cool!

Ah, and as the title of this post suggests, I have a headache. I've had it for about two days. Which is strange. I am drinking a lot of tea, and I will make sure I don't (gasp) have coffee tomorrow. I will, however, need some form of jolt in the morning, because I've been very sleepy sitting in our jungle/sauna of an office. It's literally 10,000 degrees. Maybe this is leading to the dehydration... hmm.....

Ok, off to bed, and a heat pack, and some How I Met Your Mother, my new favorite show (other than Mad Men, Top Chef, and Project Runway of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment