Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Success!

The stew was a great success, although it wasn't done until 9:30 PM, and the roommates and I all gnoshed on other food before it was done.

The recipe does not call for sausage, but Italian sausage is always a welcome addition to the delicious stew. Also, I just transplanted the sage from my garden into an indoor pot, so when the recipe called for sage, I just ran into the other room and picked some leaves. How lovely!

So, I also forgot to take photos, because we divvied the delicious stew into tupperwares for lunch before I could whip out my ancient camera (side note: dilemma. do I invest in a new camera, or save my money for traveling this year / to go to Ireland / to live off in Seattle next year???)

Other news: my office at Roosevelt has recently acquired a couch *huzzah*, and so I reclined in style in our wonderful little wood-floored office, on the couch, and ate my stew. It was absolutely scrumptious. The last of the season's kale, indoor sage, delicious chicken stock and sausage, and butternut squash and white beans. I'll type up the recipe as soon as I get a chance. It's a real delight.

Tonight Sarah is having a college friend over to cook, and then her brother is coming into town, so there should be some good opportunities to create in the kitchen.

That's all for now. Time to get ready for my afternoon session. Let's hope those little stinkers actually show up....

No comments:

Post a Comment